Sunday, 13 January 2013


Did you know that when you pass your car driving test (class B) you are eligible to tow a trailer up to certain limits?
Above these limits, which are a little complicated and easy to fall foul of, you need class B+E on your licence.
To tow above these limits you need to take a B+E driving test. 
If you are 17 or so you may not feel you need to tow, however a future job or hobby (i.e horseriding, towing a horse trailer) may require this category on your licence.
Without a very accurate weighbridge and information on the weight of your vehicle's maximum authorised capacity and the same for your trailer, you may find you are towing illegally on a B licence, which will invalidate your insurance.

If in any doubt take a B+E driving test.

We can help you with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment